Sunday, July 20, 2014

Breakfast Bowls

BREAKFAST BOWL
(substitute veggies as desired)

Breakfast has always been one of my favorite meals of the day and that is why I LOVE this recipe!

The weekend seems to be the only chance for me to enjoy a more traditional breakfast: I love eggs & {high quality} bacon! Through the week I tend to stick to whole fruit & veggie smoothies and eating a trail mix packed with yummy seeds, nuts and dark chocolate chips.

It is important to me that I am able to pack-a-punch into my breakfast meals and these breakfast bowls are a great way for me to do just that.

What do you eat for breakfast? Leave your
comments below!

Ingredients:
1 egg cooked over-easy (or however desired)
1 handful of mixed greens
1/2 jalapeƱos (optional)
5 cherry tomatoes cut in half
1 tablespoon of chopped red onion
1 slice of crumbled Applewood Smoked Bacon (optional)
1 button nose mushroom, chopped
1/4 sweet pepper, chopped
1 teaspoon goat cheese (optional)
1/2 avocado sliced
Dash of pink himalayan crystal salt / pepper

Directions: 
Cook bacon and pat dry grease with paper towel. While cooking bacon, prepare your salad bowl with mixed greens and raw veggies. Add crumbled bacon, desired cheese, and salt/pepper. Cook your egg over-easy with a small amount of bacon grease or EVOO. Place fried egg on top of salad bowl. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment